UPDATE! Gamrah is pregnant and confronts her husband, soon to be ex, about his Japanese Mistress. He abuses her, you know with all the slapping (yes, just like what we see in those horrible dramas we watch in Ramadan) and once she tells him she’s pregnant he tells her to go back to Riyadh and let him “be” in Chicago where he will unite with his Mistress.
***My thoughts: WHAT A JERK! Your wife tells you she’s pregnant with your first baby, you slap her, tell her she’s wrong for confronting him and that ‘lady’ –if she deserves to be called one- and neglect her, leaving her nowhere to go but her native soil. How impolite. ***
When Gamrah goes home, back to Riyadh carrying this poor child in her stomach, she tells her mother about the misfortunes that have recently occurred since her last phone call, she goes on explaining, cursing and displaying her anger towards Rashid, that ill mannered son of Adam. Her mother re-assures her that everything will be okay since having a child will guarantee that their marriage would go on even though not to full success. Three weeks pass by and Gamrah, poor Gamoorah as they like to call her, gets divorce papers from that Rashid that small minded dimwitted man.
***My thoughts: So Rashid, your wife is carrying your baby huh? Instead of pampering her and showing her full care and attention, you send her back. Okay fine. You say that she needs to be with her family because you are TOO busy with you studies and that this arrangement would just be temporarily. How nice of you…? Then, to Gamrah’s surprise she’s a divorced woman- a neglected woman- a woman carrying a baby that she does not want, but had for your sake?! Poor Gamrah. You should be ashamed Rashid. ASHAMED! ***
Through the dark days and nights, Gamrah lives in her room, crying. When she leaves her room, she is surrounded by her family who surely make her tired, as they push her to the limit making her hate her own existence. Gamrah is forbidden to leave the house, as it is not a good sight on the public seeing a freshly divorced woman out and about.
“Is divorce a major crime committed by the woman only? Why doesn’t our society harass the divorced man the way it crushes the divorced woman?” (AlSanea 185)
*** In my opinion, people are too preoccupied with what people will think of them if they wear their hair in a certain style, go out wearing an odd fashion or even going out after just being divorced. Not everyone knows who you are, you know? How am I going to know every detail of everyone’s life by just looking at them? So this is what’s going to happen? I’m going to walk into a mall and all fingers will be pointed at me saying that I’ve just been divorced by a man that has divorced me for his own sick problems? And that I’m carrying an unwanted baby in me? (Btw, inshalah matarfis ilni3ma chithe) for all they know, just by looking at me, I’m in my twenties carrying a baby and I’m still married. If people weren’t so preoccupied with what people do or even say, I think they would reach their goal in life, their faraway goal, finding true happiness. The happiness from within, not the happiness a few credit cards provide. Am I really getting what I want from life? Gossip, fear and emotional instability? I don’t want that, but that’s what I’ve got if I give in to all that rubbish people will always want to say about me.
Being the young lady I am, I will always have haters. I might seem like every other girl, the type that loves gossip, eavesdropping and maybe even a troublemaking, but I really am not. If I’ve learned anything in the past couple of years it’s that I shouldn’t care about what people say… but what I’ve recently, a couple of months ago discovered is that this population of aspirant Gossip-Girls living in our cultural and Islamic, world find it a sign of weakness when they attack their “prey” with words of hate and we say nothing in return but walk away. They feel a sense of fortunate victory when nothing is said back as they feel like they have achieved world peace and looked ‘good’ in front of everyone. Little do these pathetic small minded girls know, is that when their so-called “preys” ignore their ill mannered comments and spiteful words that they really don’t care. Since these girls are stupid enough to think that they are better than us, we have to talk back, using our classy words and unadulterated mouth to make THEM look BAD and to make them cause World War 3 in their own backyard.
It’s MY life, I’m going to do stuff MY way. If I want to give in to the gossip I will, but since I was brought up differently, brought up to be a leader rather than a sorry follower, I won’t. I think I’m smart enough to keep my head held high and leave those sick girls to backstab each other and make one another look bad. ***
Il7imdilah 3ala kil 7al (:
People get what they deserve in this life that is filled with its marvelous challenges.

No comments:
Post a Comment